Fentanyl, an opiate which is similar to opium has been intended for the primary use as an anesthetic. It is primarily a product that can get rid of pain before and after a surgery. It is also accompanied with medicinal properties that can relieve pain during any flare-ups, which are common during treatment for cancer. The action is short lived, and compared to all other pain medications, it can definitely provide a wonderful relief to the user.
Fentanyl acts by providing a pathway of communication between the brain and the place of pain in your body and inhibiting the pain receptors. However, they are not available over the counter, and can only be purchased with prescription from a medical practitioner. However, as we all know, that can be easily abused and is also the primary reason why Fentanyl addiction is such a huge problem. Moreover, Fentanyl is also available in various other formulas, such as Sublimaze which is an intravenous injection, or Duragesic, which is also known as a skin patch. You can also find a dissolving tablet called Fentora that can provide appropriate relief to the patient. These are all extracts of the Fentanyl drug.
Why do people use Fentanyl?
Apart from the fact that it provides a lot of pleasure, the use of Fentanyl is primarily due to the sense of euphoria that it can produce within a short period of time. For people abusing this drug, they can dampen the pain that they feel emotionally and also get a rush of pleasure at the same time. It is this high feeling that enables people to remain addicted to this product, which will cause huge problems to their bodies. With extensive use of Fentanyl, they end up building tolerance to the drug, they will require more and more of the drug to achieve the same results, and once they feel like getting rid of the addiction, withdrawal sickness is going to come up on them like a hammer.
Signs associated with Fentanyl addiction
For people that are addicted to Fentanyl, here are some signs that you will see, if you notice any of these behavior, please get help before it is too late.
- A noticeable decline in activity, very lazy and no energy
- Irritation at the slightest of things
- Disturbance during sleep, resulting in loss of sleep over a prolonged period of time
- Complaints of pain
- The reluctance to go for any kind of other pain medications apart from various strains of Fentanyl
- Pupils that are pin-point
- Very poor appetite for food
The detoxification of the body is very necessary in order to get off the addiction that people have towards a particular drug. The primary goal of the detoxification should be to;
- Gradually get rid of the dependency that is associated with the use of Fentanyl on a daily basis by the user
- To provide a very peaceful environment that is devoid of any likelihood for continuing the use of Fentanyl
- To start proper education of the patient, and help them understand the risks of using Fentanyl
Latest posts by admin (see all)
- Understanding the Types and Symptoms of Bipolar Disorder - June 28, 2017
- Understanding Bipolar Disorder - June 25, 2017
- Brief Therapy for Drug and Alcohol Abuse: Minimal Interventions can Work for Moderate Substance Users - May 28, 2017